Form B: Agreement between the School Transport Section (MEDS) and Parents/Legal Guardians (Non-State Schools)
COOP Services Ltd is an approved School Transport Service provider (further referred to as “Provider” in this Agreement) entrusted with the transportation of children attending Church and Independent Schools from home to school and back.
As you are aware the Government has introduced Free School Transport for students attending Church and Independent Schools.
In order to be able to offer this service for free, the Ministry for Education and Sports (hereinafter MEDS), will process the Data as agreed in this Agreement for the purpose of Free School Transport in order to be able to:
- plan transport routes;
- formulate transport schedules;
- communicate with parents/legal guardians;
- monitor the number of times the particular student makes use of the free transport;
- other tasks strictly in connection with the Free School Transport Initiative.
The personal data submitted by the Parents/Legal Guardians to the Provider is forwarded to the MEDS for the provision of free transportation services to the student concerned, to implement the Free School Transport Initiative.
All personal data will be used exclusively for the purpose of School Transport and will be shared and processed at all stages in full confidentiality and in accordance with GDPR and pertinent data protection legislation.
The personal data will not be used for any other purpose without the consent of the parents / legal guardians or unless specifically provided by law. The personal data will be retained for not more than two (2) months after the end of the scholastic year.
Kindly also note that MEDS has contracted third party providers to process personal data on its behalf, and for which MEDS will also be responsible. Contractual safeguards as required under the GDPR have been provided to secure such processing.
The data submitted with the application to the Provider and that will be processed by both the Provider and MEDS are the following:
- Parent / Legal guardian details including ID Number, Name, Surname, Address, Email address, Mobile Number
- Student details including ID Number, Name, Surname, Address, School Name, School Year and preferred pickup/drop off point
- In cases where provided, details requiring specific transportation is also processed, depending on the information submitted by the parent / legal guardian.
The School Transport Bus used by the provider may be equipped with apparatus in connection with the parent/guardian notification system. This apparatus will carry no personal data or images. Should the free School Transport Mobile App be introduced, the data captured through the device will be processed as follows:
- Using a contracted third-party systems, notifications will be issued to parents in order to notify when their respective child has embarked / disembarked from a vehicle.
- Once the data is processed and the contact details of the respective parent / legal guardian are identified, a notification is issued through our third-party supplier.
- The registered Parent / Legal guardian will receive a notification through the mobile app notifying them that the respective child has embarked / disembarked from the vehicle.
You may also wish to consult the Data Protection policy on the MEDS website